Tuesday, September 27, 2011

BOO-YA!

Hey everyone (or, should I say, just Josie?),

I got the best grade in the class on my Cell Bio test!!  WHOO!! I was so happy!  Maybe it's all that study-grouping I'm doing as a preceptor....I don't remember studying like crazy, but I guess I did go over the material a lot.  And now what we're learning in Cell Bio is what I've ALREADY learned in Vert. Neuro!  I pat myself on the back for deciding to stick with Vert. Neuro instead of switching to Vert. Phys.  Don't you just LOVE when you realize you made the right decision and how GOOD that decision really was?

Another piece of good news: I finished my Physics lab report about an hour ago!  YAY!!  I have learned my lesson.

Anyway, I have so far had fairly productive days, except when I get home, that is.  And then I start looking at random stuff like the Austin Teen Book Festival (this Saturday) or Science Study Breaks (tomorrow) on campus. 

How's your NS Week going so far?  Did you manage to get a T-shirt yet?  I'm still trying for that one.  I think I liked the ones from last year more (the purple ones); this year's are burnt orange just like everything else at UT.  I wanted to go to the Opportunities Abroad talk tonight but ended up going home instead.  Did anyone catch it?  Can you tell me the tips/tricks for doing research abroad?  Please and thank-you!  I'm really excited for Quiz Bowl tomorrow.  I submitted some questions, so I want to see if they got chosen.  I played a round last year and the professors totally beat the students.  They really do know everything!  From Jersey Shore to biochemistry to UT History going back to 1975!  Maybe I'll get my T-shirt tomorrow...I hope.

As you can see, I don't really have much to say.  Today's FRC meeting was very "chillaxing".  If you weren't there, you missed Sara's 7-layer, 7-color rainbow cake, Dan's desert metal, and lots of Starburst and Jolly Ranchers.  I don't know about you, but I've been eating a lot of candy lately. 

Last, but not least, DON'T FORGET about Thursday's Red Mango fundraiser @ Red Mango from 7-10pm (You don't have to stay the whole time) and Friday's ROADS to RESEARCH @ ACES 2.402 from 3-5pm.  Aimi, Leslie, Collin, and Christy have been working hard to put this together, so come and bring your friends!  You don't want to miss the VisLab tours or the free food; they are truly one-of-a-kind.  Our first IM Soccer game is also this Thursday at 6PM at the IF fields.  So, if you have time, go cheer for SURGe UNITED!

Hasta la vista!
Vidya

1 comment:

  1. Just for me? I FEEL SO HONORED! =)

    CONGRATS ON YOUR CELL-BIO TEST! You're a way more diligent student than I am, so you deserve the grade!

    I still didn't get my NS T-Shirt, but NSC said they have a set for just NSC members. If I don't get mine this week, then I'll be able to get one next Monday. I hope.

    JERSEY SHORE? LOL wow. Shows that professors know a lot more than we think they know. Well, hope to see you sometime this week then!

    -Josie

    ReplyDelete