Sunday, September 25, 2011

What time is it? ...PANIC time!?

Have you ever panicked MORE AFTER your exams were over?  Like, maybe because you thought that it was super hard and you didn't know anything so you start cramming even after the test is already over?  Well, that's not me, but I have this unshakable feeling that I'm already behind in my classes, like I'm not utilizing my resources or time well enough.  (Because, you know, it's not like I'm blogging or anything and have to respond to lots of comments (HINT, HINT)).  This might be because I completely BOMBED my Physics test.  It was one of those tests in which all the hardest problems from the homework show up and you realize that maybe you should've paid more attention to them.

Anyway,
This has been a fairly productive weekend.  That's one good thing about being on edge, I guess.  I actually have the motivation to work.  I even tackled more than half of my weekly Physics lab!  YAY ME! (Kudos to who can guess that allusion.)

That doesn't mean I didn't goof off, though.  I spent some time re-watching episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender, which is my FAVORITE, FAVORITE show EVER!  (Although Heroes, especially Season 3, is also really good.)  Don't laugh.  It's seriously amazing.  My favorite episode is Season 3, episode 6, "The Avatar and the Firelord".  There are some really good quotes in it, like, "Some friendships are so strong, they can even transcend lifetimes."  Pretty deep, huh?  And I also listened to High School Musical songs (for allusion, see title above).  Yes, I know I'm in college, but the music is just so catchy!

For the week ahead, we've got a MULTITUDE of events for ya!
I'm especially stoked for all the Natural Sciences Week events, like the Kick-Off in the East Mall tomorrow, and the Quiz Bowl on Wednesday, and the best, ROADS to RESEARCH, put on entirely by SURGe!  Don't forget to check out ROADS on Friday in ACES 2.402 from 3-5PM.  We'll have a graduate student panel and workshops for resume building, grad school, etc.  And of course, FREE FOOD, catered by O's Cafe!

But if you can't wait until Friday to hang out with your favorite SURGers and officers, then come by Red Mango on Thursday from 7-10pm (you can leave earlier if you want) for our fundraiser (Don't forget to say you're from SURGe!) and a rousing debate on some currently unknown topic.  You can even post on their Facebook page: Red Mango Austin about SURGe and help us make more profit!

Thanks for reading!
Vidya

1 comment:

  1. I panic over what my grade will be after I'm done with the test. Whenever people ask me how I did, I always try to stay neutral on the topic (so that I don't jinx myself LOL). But yeah, I bombed one of my other tests too because half of it was from the freakin' textbook (BOO).

    And that feeling when you feel like you're behind in classes is exactly me right now! The only difference is that I'm actually behind in my readings (cough Theater).

    AND YES TO AVATAR! I heard Heroes was good, but I haven't watched it yet. But...AVATAR! :D

    -Josie

    ReplyDelete