Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Why do you look like that?"

So, in case you’re wondering what the title means, that’s what my mom said to me when I got home Monday night right as I opened the door. Talk about a stressful beginning of the week!

I have to admit, though; it was my fault. Again. I was pretty unproductive this weekend, for someone who had 2 quizzes on Monday and 2 tests yesterday. I don’t even know why, but after my Vert. Neuro. test on Friday (which I thought went pretty well), I was lulled into a false sense of security, thinking I knew stuff when I really didn’t. Besides, I deserved a break, didn’t I? I had been running around all Friday between meetings and presentations and SURGe stuff. So I convinced myself into taking the weekend off because I was “ready” for my midterms.

BAD IDEA.

Tuesday rolled around and I was woefully unprepared. I sat through Vert. Neuro. discussion that morning (why do we have a discussion when we just had a test?), thinking, “Please just let me leave. I really don’t care right now.” Then I crammed for Cell Bio before taking the test, which went “Eh”. And then I crammed some more for Physics, which went badly. My resolutions to do well this semester are rapidly going down the drain...

And so, here we are, on Wednesday. And I still haven’t finished my Physics lab report! (See above for deflating resolutions.)

Even though I’m sure you enjoyed the disclosure of my miserable day yesterday, let’s move on to SURGe-related stuff because that’s why you’re here.

This week in SURGe, we’ve got an eclectic (nice word, huh?) collection of events for you:

Wednesday, Sept. 21 - EUREKA Workshop @ 6PM @ PAI 4.14.
Some SURGe officers will be there to answer your questions about research and to show you how to get started finding faculty using EUREKA, the online database and your one-stop shop for researching faculty on campus.

Thursday, Sept. 22 - Evolutionary Coral Lab Tour @ 3-3:30PM
Tour the Matz lab in the Patterson building, with our Events Chair, Leslie Ynalvez! The Matz lab has undergraduate positions currently available!
** Be sure to sign up by going to this website: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CPCSSKT

Friday, Sept. 23 - General SURGe Meeting @ 4PM @ PAI 3.02
Come meet and listen to a lecture about avonic sensors on space vehicles by Dr. Glenn Lightsey, aerospace engineer. Pizza provided afterwards as well as free Red Mango samples!

That’s all, folks! (Don’t you just love Looney Toons?)

Vidya

1 comment:

  1. No worries. I always tell myself to do some work over the weekend. Does it ever happen? Hardly. I have to be far away from my apartment to be semi-productive.

    I'm sorry about your miserable day yesterday (yuck, 2 tests), but there's always room for a better tomorrow! You're halfway through the week, so hang in there!

    And lol to the "Why do you look like that?" quote. My mom always tells me that every time I come back home :-)

    Cheers!
    -Josie

    ReplyDelete